Join the MacAllister Technician School
Download the MacAllister Technician School Information Packet
MacAllister Technician School (MTS) is a 21 month program based out of Indianapolis for individuals to become Equipment Technicians. This school provides extensive classroom and shop training opportunities, organized to provide a smooth, consistent flow of training and education. With over 900 hours of instruction time, this is an intense educational experience involving on-line, classroom, and hands-on practical experiences. Classroom training will be at the Indianapolis and Washington branches, hands-on / shop training opportunities will be held at the employees’ hired location. While enrolled in the school participants are full time employees of MacAllister Machinery performing duties as assigned.
MTS begins with basic technical knowledge and introduction to equipment systems, technician computer usage, and safety in the workplace. The 21 months conclude with classes in welding, failure analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. The focus throughout is on equipment systems such as electrical, hydraulics, engines, powertrains, and fuel systems. In addition to technical classes and training the program includes classes in teamwork, communication, and business. Evaluations and assessments are performed to ensure students are learning the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed. Instruction is provided by qualified and accredited faculty representing over 100 years of combined experience as technicians, supervisors, and instructors. Applications will open in February. Candidates selected for the program will begin in mid-July.
The purpose of the MacAllister Technician School (MTS) is the provision of foundational training for newly hired equipment technicians on the following:
- Familiarity with standard equipment and procedures at MacAllister Machinery,
- Competency level performance on common and required technician tasks,
- Understanding of, and integration into, the MacAllister Machinery culture.
Selection of Candidates
Candidates for MTS must meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school graduate or GED
- Achieve an acceptable score on a computer-based mechanical aptitude test
- Achieve an acceptable score on a reading comprehension evaluation test
- Be hired by MacAllister Machinery as a Technician Trainee, having met all pre-hire requirements including interviews with the branch manager
Candidates may be hired at any service branch in Indiana:
Application links will open in September.