Taxpayers trust their governmental agencies to make good decisions about the equipment they procure. They expect them to invest wisely, and that doesn’t always mean awarding business to the lowest bidder. Many organizations advocate a better approach: choose the product that does the most work at the lowest total cost over the specified time period.
When you acquire Caterpillar equipment, you get assets that work harder, last longer, and are more economical to own and operate than other brands. They hold more value over time and that adds up to a top-quality investment—one that delivers an excellent return and inspires taxpayer confidence.
Spec with Confidence
It makes good business sense to compare products based on total ownership costs, rather than initial purchase price. But to do that, you must require bidders to disclose the expected lifetime costs of maintenance, service, and other factors into their proposals.
MacAllister Machinery and Caterpillar make it easy for you to create an RFP that includes a Life Cycle Cost requirement.
- Visit www.govbidspec.com
- Download the bid specifications, Life Cycle Cost form and Scheduled Maintenance Calculation form for each product you’re evaluating.
- Edit bid specifications and the Scheduled Maintenance Calculation form to reflect your agency’s unique requirements.
- Print and attach all forms to your standard RFP documents.
- Submit to bidders.
- Use MacAllister Machinery’s resources for help with product requirements and Life Cycle Costing considerations.
Budget with Confidence
When you ask bidders to document the true cost of owning and operating their products, you’ll be able to consider more options—from the low-price model to the highest quality brand. You’ll not only receive more complete information upon which to base your decision, but you’ll also reduce the risk of equipment ownership.
Major costs will be identified in advance, so you’ll be able to:
- Create a more accurate budget.
- Manage long-term expenditures more judiciously.
- Avoid surprises.
- Use limited resources more effectively.
- It’s a lower-risk way to invest wisely and plan for the future.
Buy with Confidence
Paving roads, fixing potholes, removing snow, maintaining recreation areas, keeping the water supply clean—the demands are endless and the resources limited. That’s why it’s vital to have confidence in your equipment investment and the dealer who’s supporting you.
By teaming up with MacAllister Machinery and evaluating your options from a total-cost perspective, you’ll make the kind of investment decisions that will deliver attractive returns for many years to come.