Safety should be a primary concern for your organization at all levels. You need to do everything in your power to make sure your staff is protected from injury. Watch our brief video covering some basic points:
Hey, this is Dave with today’s Quick Tip.
Here are a few pointers to keep you safe and comfortable while you operate.
Before entering your cab make sure your backup camera is clear of debris.
Upon entering the cab fasten your seat belt and lower your lap bar.
Next, adjust your air ride seat to ensure you have a direct line of sight to both sides of your attachment and a clear view of your rear-view mirror.
Next, let your arms rest naturally at your sides.
Then adjust your control pods to that position.
Finally, use your in-cab display to ensure your backup camera is working properly.
So, doing these few things every day will keep you safe, comfortable, and aware of your surroundings.
That was today’s quick tip.
Thanks for watching.
One easy way to achieve safety is by implementing a daily cab check routine for your drivers to follow. Cab safety checks are simple, effective ways to ensure your Cat machines are operating properly and free of hazards.
Cab Inspection Checklist
Here is an essential checklist to include in your organization’s cab inspection process:
- Check Your Backup Camera: If your Cat machine is equipped with a backup camera, you’ll want to make sure it’s free of dust and debris. This will allow your operator the ability to spot and avoid hazards in the rear of their machine, which is crucial considering their visual range is likely to be very limited.
- Make Sure Backup Camera Works Properly via Digital Controls: After your operators have ensured the cleanliness of their machine’s backup camera, the next way they can ensure its proper functionality is to tweak it using the onboard digital controls. Test each direction to make sure all camera motors are working and not in need of replacement.
- Fasten Seatbelt and Lower Lap Bars: The safety restraints in your Cat machine are intended to protect your driver in the event that it should tip over or thrust them forward unexpectedly. Emphasize the need to engage seatbelts and lap bars to keep your operators in place in the event of an emergency.
- Adjust Air Ride Seat: Ensuring a direct line of sight in the front and rear is a crucial component of successful Cat machine operation. Make sure to instill in your drivers the importance of adjusting their air ride seats to accomplish this goal.
- Adjust Controls for Comfort: You’ll want to make sure your operators are seated in as comfortable a position as possible. That’s why you should teach them to make sure all controls should be optimized for their preferences before operating your Cat machines. They can begin this process by letting their arms rest naturally at their sides and making adjustments from there.
In Need of Service for Your Cat Machines? Call MacAllister Machinery Today
MacAllister Machinery is the authorized dealer and servicer of Cat equipment in Indiana and Michigan. If, in the course of performing daily cab checks, your operator notices a component malfunction, contact us and we’ll be happy to address it. Our team of expert technicians will restore your machine to proper operational function and help you monitor its status throughout its lifespan.