A high-performing turbocharger is key to making sure your vehicle has the most efficiency and power possible. Cat® turbochargers endure rigorous testing in withstanding the extreme conditions inside your on-highway engine. Thanks to the strict Caterpillar manufacturing standards, these turbochargers feature some of the highest response times, fuel consumption, heat rejection and torque rise properties.
At MacAllister Machinery, we offer various new and remanufactured turbochargers that work with many Cat engines. Our staff can help you find the ideal match for your specific equipment based on the model and how you use it.
Cat Turbocharger Features
Turbochargers connect to an engine to give it a power boost. They work by taking the air pushed out of the exhaust system and pumping it back directly into the cylinders. Turbos create horsepower by pressurizing the intake manifold and forcing more air and fuel into the engine, allowing it to pump more air and make more power.
Some of the main features of Cat turbochargers include:
- High-quality components: These turbochargers use the highest-performing Cat parts, such as broad-range airflow compressors, high-response turbines, lubricated hydrodynamic bearings, high-temperature turbine housings and wheel alloys.
- Durable design: Cat turbo designs use radial-wheel construction, fatigue-resistant compressor wheel alloys and non-contact labyrinth seals.
- Precise dimensions: Cat turbochargers use tight tolerances to improve fit and function, lowering the engine operating cost and extending system life.
- Enhanced blade life: Superior balance helps increase cartridge blade life, durability and turbo performance.
Many turbocharger issues stem from dirty oil. Using Cat-branded engine oil at the suggested maintenance periods helps prevent underperformance and failure.
These turbochargers fit various Cat engine models, including the following:
Cat Reman Turbochargers
Cat remanufactured turbos get the same testing, validation and warranty as new Cat turbochargers at a fraction of the price. Like many high-quality Cat parts, you can protect these turbochargers with the Cat Component Plus coverage program. As a result, you get a low-cost repair option with a full warranty.
Some of the highlights of the strict remanufacturing process include:
- Measuring all surfaces and dimensions to ensure original performance specifications.
- Performing quality checks and audits throughout the remanufacturing process.
- Testing center housings for seal integrity.
- Replacing all bearings and seals to ensure long life and top performance.
Because Cat remanufactured turbochargers get the latest engineering upgrades during the process, their performance often exceeds that of the original turbo. When you buy a Cat reman turbo, you receive the same support as a new turbocharger. MacAllister Machinery can provide the expertise, parts and service you need to keep your vehicles running strong.
Trusting MacAllister Machinery for Your Cat Turbocharger Needs
MacAllister Machinery has supplied genuine Cat parts for more than 70 years. Turbos are just one example of the many Cat parts we sell. In addition, we offer a broad online inventory at Parts.Cat.Com, where you can shop 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
Find Your New Cat Turbocharger at MacAllister Machinery Today
Feel free to browse our inventory to explore the various Cat turbochargers we offer. If you have questions or need help picking the right part for your needs, contact us online or call us at (317) 545-2151 today.