Caterpillar emphasizes a commitment to performance by being the only manufacturer globally that designs its own tires. With Flexport™ tires transporting your equipment, your operators no longer need to sacrifice comfort for tire durability. These puncture-proof tires improve the performance of your heavy equipment while keeping your operating costs in check.
The sidewall ports on these tires can absorb most of the shock that nonported tires fail to handle. Less shock means that there’s less stress on your operators and equipment. Because operators are more comfortable, they are safer, less tired and more productive for the entire shift.
At MacAllister Machinery, we understand how much tires matter to heavy equipment’s performance. We focus on offering a selection of Flexport tires that enables you to work efficiently in almost any role.
Cat Flexport™ Tires
Flexport tires feature a series of elliptical-shaped ports in the outer ring of the sidewalls to promote operator comfort. These ports make tires more flexible to produce a smoother and more cushioned ride on any surface, from scrap and waste to quarry and glass. This innovative design improves equipment stability when carrying and lifting, even when your bucket is fully loaded.
Caterpillar manufactures Flexport tires specifically for wheel loaders and skid steer loaders. They come in three different tread patterns — construction tread, smooth tread and off-the-road (OTR) tread. These heavy-duty tires deliver peak productivity and performance in extreme conditions and on the most demanding jobs.
Cat Construction Tread Tires
Cat® construction tread tires are ideal for lighter-duty uses that call for superior traction, like landscaping, construction building, framing and loading. Thanks to the ports and durable rubber, these tires can provide extended wear life. Some of the primary benefits of Flexport construction tread tires are:
- The deep tread provides excellent traction on any surface.
- Enhanced sidewall ports ensure a more comfortable ride.
- The tread pattern enables easy transitions for changing or varying surface conditions.
- The one-piece design for the tire and rim reduces maintenance and servicing costs.
Cat Smooth Tread Tires
One of the main features of Cat smooth tread tires is a wider width, providing enhanced stability for tougher tasks. Smooth tread tires are perfect for industrial waste, demolition, recycling and transfer station applications. Several benefits include:
- The puncture-proof design eliminates the need for fixing flat tires.
- The high-quality rubber compound extends service life.
- Ports provide stability under the heaviest loads.
- Enhanced operator comfort translates to increased production.
Cat Off-the-Road Tires
The OTR design features a durable block pattern to provide extra traction in jobs where debris is not an issue. These tires work well for loading, landscaping, hammering, building and farming purposes. Several advantages of using OTR tires are:
- Purpose-built OTR tires boost stability when carrying heavy loads.
- The puncture-proof design decreases maintenance costs and repairs.
- Elliptical sidewall ports increase operator comfort.
- The deeper tread delivers increased traction and longer tire life.
Choosing MacAllister Machinery for Your Heavy Equipment Tire Needs
The team at MacAllister Machinery can take a look at your equipment and typical work to help you determine your best Flexport tire options. We have over 70 years of experience providing heavy equipment solutions to our long list of satisfied customers throughout Indiana and Michigan’s lower peninsula. You can place your order today through Parts.Cat.Com or contact us online for more information.