Starters provide power to your equipment’s ignition system and crank your engine to the necessary RPM. New and remanufactured Cat starters are ideal for meeting the requirements of your engine in extreme temperatures and challenging work environments. Strict quality testing ensures the best durability and smooth starting for your equipment regardless of the conditions.
At MacAllister Machinery, we offer various Cat starter types and parts to keep your equipment running in peak condition. Our team members have many years of experience helping customers find the ideal starting solutions for their needs.
Cat Starter Motor Features
Cat starters have designs that can handle the high current created when an engine cranks. They work hard to deliver reliable performance even in the most demanding and dirtiest work conditions. We carry Cat starters to match the torque required by your specific engine.
Some of the primary features include:
- Positive-engagement shift mechanisms for precise pinion-to-ring gear engagement.
- Seamless, one-piece solenoid cases to protect against wear and corrosion.
- Rotatable drive housings that allow flexible mounting.
- Brush holders provide consistent spring pressure for even wear.
Cat 12-Volt, 24-Volt and 32-Volt Starters
Caterpillar manufactures starters in 12-, 24- and 32-volt models. Higher-compression engines often need more voltage to handle the extra torque. Higher-capacity starters also reduce major voltage drops caused by bad connections.
Some typical uses include:
- 12-volt starters: You’ll see these in lighter-duty consumer vehicles and related equipment.
- 24-volt starters: A 24-volt model works well for diesel engines with higher compression. They are often found in commercial, industrial and military vehicles.
- 32-volt starters: These larger starters are ideal for equipment that relies on electric motors for propulsion, like forklifts and tow tractors.
Cat Reman Starters
Cat remanufactured starters include the newest engineering updates to deliver same-as-new performance and long life. They are available off the shelf for almost all Cat engines. The strict remanufacturing process includes:
- Replacing all parts that do not meet Caterpillar specifications.
- Entirely stripping down all components.
- Installing new O-rings, bushings, seals and bearings.
- Sealing rewound coils with new insulation.
- Replacing the heat sink compounds.
Pricing for remanufactured Cat starters often comes in at 40-50% of a new starter’s cost. Caterpillar backs reman starters with full same-as-new warranties.
Why You Should Choose MacAllister Machinery for New and Reman Cat Starters
MacAllister Machinery is the leading Cat dealer throughout Indiana and Michigan’s lower peninsula. We provide the area with the highest-quality heavy equipment, including new and remanufactured starter motors. Our broad product knowledge and support offerings make us leaders in the industry.
Besides offering a full inventory of starter motors, we also provide the Parts.Cat.Com online store to browse on your schedule. We also furnish repair and maintenance services to ensure your Cat equipment offers many years of productive life. Our advanced testing systems save you time and resources when looking for and fixing equipment issues.
Find a New Cat Starter at MacAllister Machinery Today
MacAllister Machinery is your single source for Cat starters, whether you’re looking for a 12-volt, 24-volt or 32-volt unit or any related starter parts. Explore our inventory and place your order today for quick shipment. Please get in touch online or call (317) 545-2151 to request more product information.